tumbling thoughts

Wednesday, May 16, 2012


"Everyone has talent. What is rare is courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads."- Erica Jong

That quote probably couldn't be more right. One day around the blogsphere will tell you that it's full of unique, talented people. But it will also tell you some other things too. For example, when I've read something where someone says they love writing, but 'just can't make time' or 'have to give it up', I can't help but be a little... thrown off.  As far as I'm concerned, if you love writing and it really isn't inhibiting anything but the 'social time' you probably spend with a bunch of nitwits who'll be asking 'do you want fries with that?' in ten years time... well.



Now I'll admit, I procrastinate when it comes to writing. Most writerly people do. For someone who used to paint and draw a lot, like me, all the black and white of words may seem boring. Not. It's fun. Really, really fun. Of course, I'm sure 'normal' people probably couldn't handle a bunch of characters running around in their head, having an urge to lay pen to paper {or cursor to word document} that doesn't have a internal clock or researching ailments, weapons, clothes and other {slightly weird} stuff. Which reminds me--I need to look up Polaroids for a sci-fi novel...

summer's coming,
the woodland pixie

1 comment :

  1. I know! I hate it when people do that. Let's phrase it this way, "I have an extreme hobby which could be a dazzling future of book signings, Speilberg Contracts, and Fans...but I just don't have time to do that in my boring schedule". NO! I say. Do you not get it people? Pick a star and follow it, time or not.

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile. :)