People Tend Not To

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

 From women's eyes this doctrine I derive //
They sparkle still the right Promethean fire //
They are the books, the arts, the academes //
That show, contain and nourish all the world //
- William Shakespeare
People tend not to give brown eyes the same respect they give blue or green eyes. You'll go on blogs or social media and almost every. single. day someone is complaining that they're all the same, "commonplace", boring or wishing they had a different color altogether.

There are few things that I've heard that are less true. Take my family, for example. We all have brown eyes. Every single one of us. And each pair couldn't be more different. Brother #1's are off-gold with greenish flecks, my mother's a solid, piercing dark amber, my baby sister's a deep chocolate with navy and slate grey overtones and my dad's are almost the same color as mine, though his are a bit more orange.

So remember: just because something is "common" doesn't mean it isn't remarkable. We see the stars almost every single night, and does marveling them ever get old?

xoxo | annika

0 left a note :

Post a Comment

comments make me smile. :)