'Twas the night

Monday, December 24, 2012

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro' the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas would soon be there;
-- First verse from A Visit From St. Nicholas by Clement Clarke Moore or Henry Livingston, Jr

It's finally, finally, Christmas Eve. I've managed to get everything in order, even though it took one peppermint mocha and half a tin of cinnamon Altoids. Which seem to have headache reliving properties...

My Christmas shopping--done yesterday  at the last minute--was awkward. Extremely awkward, especially with curious little boys peering into the cart, following me around the store and not-so-subtly pointing out what they wanted. But, thanks to my big sister powers, they still don't know what they're getting. 

As I have all my life, I'm looking forward to the epic endgame of the Holiday Season that is Christmas. To joy, happiness and the birthday of Jesus Christ. And (yes) opening presents; along with the Doctor Who Christmas Special.

xoxo | annika

0 left a note :

Post a Comment

comments make me smile. :)