Adventures in Thrifting + Photography

Sunday, August 5, 2012


I could barely bring myself to edit these pictures. They're definitely not perfect, but I can remember taking each one, even how I was feeling when the phone went click. There's something so magical about cameras of any kind that I love. Point-and-shoot, DLSR, Film. It doesn't matter. They're devices that transport you back to a time long gone, a moment already lived. They catch joy and laughter, sadness and tears. Childbirths and graduations, first birthdays and 18th ones.

For a while, I thought too many bloggers were into photography. It pained me to see blogs where the author knew nothing of light, nothing of composition. Their pictures were washed out, had blurred thumbs in the corners and overedited till they were hell itself on the eyes.

But then I realized something. I was once them. I'd started out with a camera//phone in my hand and some flowers in the backyard. So did every other blogger.

It's in human nature to learn, change, and grow. Of course, waiting for people to do all that is tiring. So you ex out the tab and move on with your life. And that's okay. You don't have to read what you don't like. But remember: we all had to start somewhere.

xoxo,
annika

+ guestposted here yesterday.
+ i've received a few comments lately that go a little like this: awesome photos great post hey can you check out my blog and follow? *url here*. I don't mind people leaving their urls in their {constructive} comments, but please don't comment solely to drive me and others to your blog, as i will simply delete them. 
+don't forget to enter Pt. 2 of the Summer Giveaway!

3 comments :

  1. But then I realized something. I was once them. I'd started out with a camera//phone in my hand and some flowers in the backyard. So did every other blogger.
    That is so true! Everyone started like that, and we have to remember.
    And those vintage cameras are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Everyone starts somewhere... reading the beginnings of the popular blogs is crazy. I guess I just don't think about them having to start new. That not all of them started off great.
    p.s. - those "follow my blog" comments get annoying, don't they? gah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right, we all start somewhere! I totally know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile. :)